PIR tamper alert after battery change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apols if this is answered elsewhere I searched to no avail.
I have a Yale wireless HSA system.
Got a battery low warning on a PIR.
Entered program mode, changed the battery but have a tamper alert.
Went into fault log and tried to remove alert bit it won't go away.
I re-entered PM, pressed the button on its front, still there. Re took off front panel of PIR and refitted, tried to clear fault log but still have tamper alert.
Please can anyone advise how to get rid of the tamper alert.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
HSA6400?

What buttons did you press to clear the alerts? Be precise.

How many alerts were there?

Have you got the instructions?

Hi, I press the pr button, entered the code, pressed tick to accept. Fault log is the default option, I press the tick button to enter. I see the IR room Tamper, I press the arrowed C button, am asked to clear fault display and press the tick button.

Thanks in advance.

I saw another person's thread after posting showing similar problems with window sensor tamper alert.

I figure a new sensor could be the resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_185435721.jpg
    IMG_20181105_185435721.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 15414444694538495191978376750279.jpg
    15414444694538495191978376750279.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 175
Sponsored Links
I plan to try, with a friends assistance, to remove the cover and physically ensure the job of the spring is being done by manually holding down whatever is in there.

I have just changed the batteries in another PIR using the same procedure and no tamper alert has resulted from doing so!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back