Honeywell BDR91 to Hive 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Sorry to ask this as I know other have already, I just wondered if anyone could please look at my current wiring and advise for switching to Hive 1 as I've never done this before and want to be certain before I start.

My understanding is Blue = Hive N
Brown = Hive L
Brown (2) = Hive 1
White = Hive 3

I assume the two browns will be in the separate insulator cables and therefore easy to identify but will mark them before I start anyway.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

kind regards,

Matt

Attachments

• 20200801_184651.jpg
    20200801_184651.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 505
  • 20200801_184651.jpg
    20200801_184651.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 347
Sponsored Links
Hi Matt

You have posted this in the wrong forum, which is why your post hasn't been answered before. The "your projects" forum is for posters to document their personal projects through from start to finish, such as constructing an extension, or remodelling a garden. The Plumbing and Central heating forum is the place for this sort of question. However, I can give you the information you require.

You don't give any details of your heating system. So, as you don't mention any stored hot water that is to be controlled by the Hive (ie a hot water cylinder) I am assuming that you have a combi boiler. If so, then your assumptions appear correct. If you have separate time control somewhere, such as a timeswitch on the boiler that controls the heating, that will need to be set to be permanently 'on' to prevent it interfering with the operation of the Hive.

So the Hive receiver simply replaces the BDR receiver...

bdr-jpg.150563

...and the wires just move across from the BDR to the Hive terminals that have the same function.

hive-jpg.150566

They can be wired up in several ways, according to the preference of the original installer. In your case as there are 4 wires used at the BDR they connect to the Hive as follows:

Wire in BDR N goes to Hive N
Wire in BDR L goes to Hive L
Wire in BDR A goes to Hive 1 (Common)
Wire in BDR B goes to Hive 3 (Heating on)

Thanks so much Stem, and apologies for posting in the wrong place, I'm attempting to install it this evening so that's given me a bit more confidence, thanks again, greatly appreciated!

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back