Honeywell CM907 - No heat!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - hope everyone had a nice Xmas!

Help - I have no heat! I have a Honeywell CM907 7 Day Prog Thermostat (installed by qualified Electrician) controlling my Alpha CD32C combi boiler and heating system which was all installed around 3 years ago (by Corgi installer). As of today, the CM907 is calling for heat but my boiler isn't firing. The boiler is fine as it fires when I turn on the hot water and the heating worked yesterday. I've checked the boiler pressure and this is fine too.

Not sure if relevant but over the last few months some of the buttons have stopped working on the CM907 (Time change, copy day, day select, program buttons, OK button etc). I don't know why this has happened?

I can only assume at this stage that the CM907 is at fault as it is calling for heat but for some reason this signal isn't getting through to the boiler?

I've contacted the Honeywell helpdesk (closed until 4th Jan) and the installer has gone away skiing and I therefore have 2 questions to you good chaps:

1. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

2. Is it possible to manually fire up the boiler in the meantime, i.e. independently of the thermostat calling for heat?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you know what you are doing bypass the controller wiring at the boiler ie loop out the wires on the boiler that will be marked up thermostat and that will make the boiler come on

Cheers for replying Tomy.

Are these wires behind the boiler? Not sure if the sparky chased these wires in to the wall.

Do you think the controller is just faulty (as I do)?

Many thanks mate

there will be a wiring connecter on the boiler , there will be one or two wires coming out from the wall going into the boiler , there will be mains voltage to feed the boiler and the wires that go to the room thermostat

Sponsored Links
there will be a wiring connecter on the boiler , there will be one or two wires coming out from the wall going into the boiler , there will be mains voltage to feed the boiler and the wires that go to the room thermostat

Hi Tomy,

just wanted to thank you for your help. I did make a loop but did it at the wiring of the programmable thermostat instead of the boiler down to a very helpful bloke on another forum. I assume the result would have been the same because it worked! Obviously the stat is knackerred but the heating is on and I'm happy.

Thanks again.

Hi Tomy,

just wanted to thank you for your help. I did make a loop but did it at the wiring of the programmable thermostat instead of the boiler down to a very helpful bloke on another forum. I assume the result would have been the same because it worked! Obviously the stat is knackerred but the heating is on and I'm happy.

Thanks again.

I wonder who that was. :oops:

Hi Tomy,

Thanks again.

I wonder who that was. :oops:

Was that you there mate? I thought there would be a bit of overlap on these forums. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back