Honeywell CP038 - Call Engineer Reset required - CU BATT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping there is an alarm expert on here who may be able to help me :).
I have a Honeywell CP038 which is currently displaying Call Engineer - reset required. I have user and manager access codes, not an engineer one. I have tried 112233 which from looking in the manual is the default one. From scrolling through the errors they all mention CU BATT.
So, I am wondering is there a backup battery that needs replacing behind the pin pad, although that seems tamper proof, i cannot see anything else related to the alarm.
Or is there any way i can get rid of the message if i dont have the engineer code.
If there is anyone out there with this knowledge who could help me, i would be really grateful.

Sponsored Links
You need to find the big "grey box " around A3 size the battery is in there ....a 7.0ah will do

Thank you so much. I will go in search of the box, I suspect its in the loft as i checked the cupboards and garage and could not find anything. The alarm was in the house when we moved in 2 years ago, so no idea when it was last changed. Thanks again, much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back