Honeywell DT200 Replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DT200 managing my Grant oil fired boiler and have always have a problem in managing the heating in my bungalow due to the way the bungalow is designed (it was built about 1960). The thermostat is sited at the correct height from the floor in the lounge but is in a bit of a corner which was the recommended position when it was first installed a number of years ago. and it cannot now be moved without some difficulty.

The problem that I have is that the lounge will get hot and the stat will turn the heating off but the other rooms then become quite cold. The only cure I have found is to set the stat to 25.5 and adjust the lounge heat using the TRVs on the radiators (I believe that as I have the stat the radiators shouldn't have TRVs but these have always been fitted) and this maintains heat in the other rooms, i.e I ignore the room stat.

I have been checking the heat in the lounge and it is my believe that the DT200 is recording about 1.5 degrees higher than the actual room temperture as measured by a stand alone thermometer.

As far as I can tell there is no way to recalibrate the DT200. The direct replacement for the DT200 is the DT90E (I think there used to be a DT90 but don't think this is still available) and the DT90E has the ability to compensate for the differerence in temperature and it also have specific settings for oil fired systems.

My question is what, if any, benefit would be gained by changing to a DT90E.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Change to a wireless stat and then you can move it around until you find the sweet spot.

Change to a wireless stat and then you can move it around until you find the sweet spot.

Thanks for the reply. I did consider that sometime ago so I could place it in one of the colder rooms away from the lounge but the info that I got suggested that a wireless stat wouldn't work. Any suggestion on which one I should look at??

It’s just a switch, activated by temperature, placed in a cold but often used part of the property is best, with no TRV on the rad in that location. TRVs are then used elsewhere to stop those rooms overheating.

Honeywell are always a reliable product have a look at some reviews. You can then choose if you want a programmable one with app connectivity.

Sponsored Links
It’s just a switch, activated by temperature, placed in a cold but often used part of the property is best, with no TRV on the rad in that location. TRVs are then used elsewhere to stop those rooms overheating.

Honeywell are always a reliable product have a look at some reviews. You can then choose if you want a programmable one with app connectivity.

Thanks again, unfortunately as I said when I first looked at a wireless stat, the model I looked at was the DT92E which I think is a direct replaceent for the DT200 although I think there is a more modern Y87RF model, which seemed a good idea the feedback I got was it would not work the way I thought.

I was hoping that I could place the wireless stat in as you put it a cold but often used part of the property and set the temperature for that room rather than the lounge (which would by deafult stay hotter) but was told this wasn't the way they worked so gave up on the idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back