Honeywell EvoHome help. Possible to have the Evohome controller call for heat in a multi zone setup?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell Evohome, connecting to several HR91 TRV's across the house. The hallways and a couple of rooms don't have TRV's, and the EvoHome controller acts as the temperature sensor for those rooms, labelled as 'Common Areas'.

I want the 'Common Area' zone to be able to call for heat when it gets below X temp, but I can't see the best way to configure this as it seems zones HAVE to be bound to a device to be setup.

Is it incorrect to double bind the boiler relay to this zone, as well as the primary boiler control? Otherwise, how do you configure it so that it works.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it you have several TRVs, each capable of making a demand on the (BDR91?) heating relay, but you want to add a call to this relay directly from the hall 'stat, however if you directly bind the central controller's 'other' zone to the boiler relay there will be no path for the heat to take if only the hallway calls for heat. You should bind the hallway thermostat (main controller) to a BDR91 which opens a heating valve which supplies the hall rad. In truth this is usually the same valve that feeds the TRVs too, so there will already be a relay (BDR91) fitted in that position. Bind the main controller to that relay.

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back