Honeywell Evohome - Underfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used the Evohome system with the underfloor heating system.

HCC80 and HCE80

Just looking at options for the new house, I will be installing wet UFH in all rooms.

Want some kind of smart control over the zones. It seems the Smart systems are more aimed at Rad systems.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I currently have wet UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.

I had UFH installed a while ago with Heatmiser stats, which i am currently replacing with Loxone and 1-wire temperature sensors.

I currently have wet UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.

I had UFH installed a while ago with Heatmiser stats, which i am currently replacing with Loxone and 1-wire temperature sensors.

Can you please explain why you are replacing them, for the benefit of others including myself as I thought they are a good make and was considering them. Thx.

Also, in hindsight, would you have installed UFH upstairs in the hall way and bedrooms?

Sponsored Links
I have the old Heatmiser stats PRT-N network stats, they are very good stats, initially i had V2 stats, then replaced with V3 stats, so they would work with my alarm. I never got around to web enabling them using NetMonitor.

I have moved upstairs rads to Loxone actuators so all room upstairs are now individually controllable.

So rather than get the Netmonitor app to do downstairs heating and Loxone app to do upstairs i decided to replace downstairs with 1-Wire temp sensors., then also another app for my lighting and alarm, i decided to try get the whole lot working on one system.

The 1-Wire temp sensors are placed inside the Heatmiser stats, i have 2 rooms already running. The Heatmiser stats are still powered but dont actually control the heating just display temp. If i get some time to program i plan to use the Heatmiser stats as manual override to tell loxone to change desired temp via RS485, rather than have to do it by the phone app.

I would have liked to install UFH upstairs, but at the time was to costly for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back