Honeywell G2 12 Alarm System ADSL/RIO/GSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently bought this system to install myself (ex alarm engineer 20 years ago). Can anyone tell me if the connections to the telephone line should be connected via an ADSL filter or not?

Also, I've decided to change the panel from an G2 -12 to G2 -20 (I need extra zones) and understand I need a RIO. Can anyone tell me if the RIO PCB (not power supply version) will fit into a G2 -10 panel, (I'm also planning on fitting the ethernet module LCE-01).

Finally, can anyone recommend a standalone gsm dialler that will work with the G2?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, the RIO board will fit. If the RIO is older then you may have to solder across the tamper switch to bypass as there's no jumper. If you have a few zones that are close together, you can also use one wire to the rio remotely, then wire those sensors to it.

The alpha gsm diallers from advent controls on ebay are decent and low cost:
Item 321395627344.

The telephone line should be filtered, although the panel pstn functions cannot be used to dial your mobile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back