Honeywell G2 Night Setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2 Panel - Self installed.
I want to be able to use the night setting on the panel for at night, but gather than on the night settings, a zone cannot be set as 00 Not active? If i change it in the panel and enter, when you go back to the setting again it hasn't saved and reverted back to intruder.

I want to be able to exclude the landing PIR from the night settings, but appears the only other option I have is to use Spare (18).

Is this the correct one to use, or how can i exclude the landing PIR from night setting other than using the Part set, which I want to use for other purposes.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had something similar when I self installed my G2, and I somehow solved it. I have done the same thing as you desire, ie I have a PIR zone as 'intruder' on full set and part set, but inactive on 'night' set. If it's any help, my doodled notes regarding it say... Zone function 0 not active - setting to 'not active' in full set allows different settings for 'part' or 'night' set. A further note says... Zone function 18 spare - when set to "spare' you can't set 'part' or 'night' set to anything except spare.

Something else is ringing a bell with me too. Maybe something to do with using that zone as 'final' or 'exit' ??

Hi
I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2 Panel - Self installed.
I want to be able to use the night setting on the panel for at night, but gather than on the night settings, a zone cannot be set as 00 Not active? If i change it in the panel and enter, when you go back to the setting again it hasn't saved and reverted back to intruder.

It's a bit of an odd quirk on the G2,

This caught me out a long time ago,
Although the part and night setting settings don't appear to save when you your re-enter the zone function just select how you want it it to behave and it will work.

In your case select the landing zone the panel with ask you how want the zone to behave in the 3 different modes. Program as below, don't re-enter the zone function menu and test you'll find its works.
The last time I did this for a customer i programmed the landing as followed.

Full set - intruder
Part set - not active
Night set - not active (will not give you an exit tone)

Part and night were set to the same so they had the option of not waking the house with the buzzer

You may have to programme any sensor on route to your keypad as entry in part or night set.

Do the landing bit zone 1st, and see how you get on and Taylor any other as necessary.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for the responses....it seems the correct procedure is:
On the zone, use enter to go through Full, Part & Night set and change to the correct zone type.
Go back into the option on Full Set, then press the Hash key - this will then change to the programmed part set, then the night set, which then stayed showing on 00 Not Active, rather than reverting back to intruder.

Yes, you need to use the hash key to view the settings that you have programmed. If you don't do that and press 'ent' after selecting the function, then the primary function will be programmed across 'full', 'part' and 'night' setting options.

It's easier programming with RSS :)

Yes, you need to use the hash key to view the settings that you have programmed. If you don't do that and press 'ent' after selecting the function, then the primary function will be programmed across 'full', 'part' and 'night' setting options.

It's easier programming with RSS :)

Useful if you do multiple installs I guess but seems bit pricey for a one off setup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back