Honeywell Galaxy Random Keypad Beeping In Part & Night Set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I am having some issues with my Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 alarm. Over the last few weeks, whilst asleep (alarm set to night set/part set), the keypads downstairs & upstairs start bleeping as if someone has entered the front door. Its just loud bleeping from the keyprox keypad, fortunately the bells dont go off & disturb the neighbours.

Only the front door has an entry alert, the back patio door is setup to intruder.

The part set only activates the tampers on the front door & the patio door.

I am wondering if the reed sensor on the front door could be faulty, and is activating a false positive alert to the alarm panel.

The panel battery was replaced back in 2016 so its pretty new.

There are no alerts present on the keypad or tampers shown when in engineer mode.

I am a little confused what the issue maybe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

AmzWag

Sponsored Links
Does it go into full alarm or is the timer for entry ? If it's full alarm there should be something showing in keypad . If is the timed then you are turning off before it's going into full alarm which means it's probably your front door .

Hi Neil

Good Afternoon

Thanks for coming back to me, its the timer for entry that is going off, we turn it off straight away to stop my toddler waking up. We haven't let it go into full alarm.

I would assume the door contact is causing the issue, as its common with the night set & the part set. A few weeks ago i stopped doing the night set and switched to the part set whilst i evaluate the situation. But now its going off on part set also, the only common factor is the front door contact.

Is it common for a wired magnetic door contact to fail when theres been no knocks or modifications?

Thanks

AmzWag

Have you had any problems in full set ? It sounds like front door but it also depends on your setting for example mine in night set puts the front door on instant and hall pir into timed .if it is front door it might be wise to change door contact .

Sponsored Links
Hi Neil. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with full set. I'm not sure if this matters, but the issue only occurs in the early hours of the morning when we are fast asleep. I'm wondering if some background checks get done by the panel at a specific set time.

The main door is set to Final on all 3 setting's.

I have ordered a new genuine Honeywell door contact, hopefully that resolves the issue.

Regards

AmzWag

Hi Folks

I just wanted to ask if the power needs to be turned off when replacing magnetic contacts? Presently there are only 2 wires connected to the contact and they feed into Zone 1001.

I don't want to risk blowing a fuse on the panel due to shorting any of the cables in error.

Thanks

AmzWag

Did you buy a 1k/1k contact or are you adding resistors ? Before you remove the old part, in eng mode, use display zones, select the door zone and press hash. Check to see that the zone shows 1k or 2k ohms depending if open or closed. Then disconnect the contact and check the zone shows infinite o/c. Twist the wires together to show only a few ohms s/c. Then fit the new contact and check for 1k and 2k again with the door closed and open. The wires are low voltage signal levels and safe to touch when on.

Thank you Stuart & Handymanjo

The old contacts already have 2 X 1k ohm resistors. It's wired as shown in the below photo

The zone status shows the below:
1001 open 13.71v 1975 ohm
1001 closed 13.71v 1032 ohm

I am adding new resistors myself, 2 X 1k ohm. The Honeywell sensors are wired differently to the existing so I will have to change the resistor placing.

https://imgur.com/5vadyUn
5vadyUn

Regards

AmzWag

Last edited:
Hi All

Just to update to say thanks for the advice regarding the reed door contact.

I have replaced the door sensor with a genuine Honeywell model. The resistance now reads 1007ohm closed and 2007ohm open.

I am also replacing all of the pir sensors in the house. When I switch off the mains power to the panel and remove the AUX 500ma fuse, can I leave the backup 12v battery connected? This will hopefully give me some time to replace the pir without the bell box going off.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Hi Alan, I am aware of putting the galaxy in engineer mode. What I need to know is if I need to remove the backup battery in addition to turning off the mains power and removing the Auxillary fuse when replacing pir sensors?

Thanks

AmzWag

There is no need to remove the power in any form, mains power or battery, you are only going to change a door contact.

Just put it into Engineer mode before you start.

You're only going to change a door contact.

Europlex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back