Honeywell G3 48C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just brought a new panel, but where do i connect the outdoor bell box? at the moment it has 5 wires connected to the G2-12 pannel.

Sponsored Links
At last a decent panel :LOL:

12v 0v as normal.

1001 (Defaults to BELL) Siren trigger
1002 (Defaults to Strobe) Strobe trigger
AUX TAMP (Far right side of pcb) Tamper Return

I've also PM'd you.

Just to make it clear I have just brought a Honeywell G3-48c my old panel is a G2-12. How do I connect the current bell box, (5 cables) to my new G3-48 panel? What do you mean made in China lol, they are good panels :)

Sponsored Links
just life ,,,, we used to make some super items in the uk but then we get taken over by outsiders and all the stuff gets shipped off to china and standards drop.

Where us connection 1001 and 1002 is it where it's marked rio 0, also says relay output, or is it where it says rio 1, then it says 1 2 3 4, to the left of those it's marked +12v just a bit confused, thanks

Either, RIO 0, is 1001 - 4 and RIO 1 is 1011 - 4, As per page 14 and you also might page 23.

All ouputs default to BELLS on output 1 and STROBE on 2.

Strobes should go through the relay (1002), you can use the GND (0v) next to the AUX TAMP terminal (which you use for the tamper return).

What siren are you using?

Hey, I emailed you back alarm man, so the stobe negitive connects to relay 1002? then bells negitive trigger is 1001 next to the strobe negitive?.
I have read over and over the g3 installation manual, (thanks for sending me the link!!) i just cant seem to understand it, but when the pannel comes i guess it will just be trial and error,

I recommend you remove your email address from the post.

If you have questions please post to the forum so others can help and read solutions.

Ok done, did you get my email alarm man? Can you look and the manual you sent me and look at the pcb diogram and tell me where each cable from the bell goes? Thanks mate

tomtom23, did you manage to get your MAX3 working. You didn't give an outcome!!!

Nope I couldn't get it to work, so I'm upgrading my panel to G3-48 don't think my g2 supports the prox. Just having trouble understanding how I wire my current bell box to my new panel (G3-48) any idea's lol?? Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back