Honeywell G4 Accenta - Setting Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I had this alarm installed 2 years ago. All working fine until a few days ago when the alarm went off while we were out - I think the cat set it off as she was unknowingly asleep upstairs.

Since then I now get a Setting Fault on all 4 PIR zones and very rapid beeping when trying to set the alarm. The alarm will not actually set now. If you isolate any of the zones you get a Setting Fault on all the other zones and the alarm will not set. I can isolate all 4 zones and then alarm sets as normal with the usual slow beeping. This is of course useless! I do not have any contacts on doors, just 4 PIR zones.

I have contacted the installer, only to find he now works on oil rigs and is no longer self employed! I have had a look round the internet and can't find any specific answers to this problem.

Please can anyone offer any advice.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have taken the cover off the control panel that houses the battery and set off the tamper alarm. Tested all 4 fuses I can see and they are all OK.

The PIR's are not working.

Do you have another suggestion?

Many thanks

Tested with what ? ...... Do you have multimeter ? Check aux voltage on dc range should be around 13.8v dc

Sponsored Links
Yes, tested fuses with a multimeter. Will check aux voltage tomorrow as don't want to set tamper alarm off again - getting late.

If the aux voltage is not 13.8v does this mean a flat battery and possible problem with transformer?

No or alarm would be dead check aux with and without wires connected, a faulty PIR may drag down the voltage , also a faulty battery may cause this , does the battery feel hot ?

Dear Sparkymarka

Me again. Battery is not hot and aux voltage on dc range was 13.6v dc.

I have contacted a local alarm company who wanted £65.00 + VAT to come out and look. I understand the need to pay a call out charge but want to make sure it is not something really simple to fix before I book them to come out.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back