Honeywell Galaxy Dimension GD-48 Max Keypads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Honeywell Galaxy Dimension GD-48. I am wanting to add a keypad into our garage which will make 4 in total on the system.

The spec for the system is 8 non keyprox, 3 keyprox (says 8 and then 3 in brackets). It doesn't say if this is either / and / or though! Honeywell support don't seem sure either which seemed a bit strange as it can't be that uncommon. Our local installer seems pretty sure it should take a mix of keyprox and non keyprox (3 keyprox and then 1 more non-keyprox) but can't get it to address the keypad. I've lost faith a bit and can't believe there is not a definitive answer to how this works.

I'm thinking problem is that I have keyprox ones already and it can't take a mix like this? i.e. it can take up to 8 as long as ever one is non-keyprox. So if I swap out the keyprox ones for non-keyprox it should work (as we have less than:cool:. I only use a code anyway.

I currently have v7 keypad and if buying new ones anyway was going to just get v8 ones. Anyone know if v7 and v8 are pretty much interchangeable - I.e. just a cosmetic thing?

Appreciate a bit if a specific one but any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can have 8 keypads of which up to 3 of those can be keyprox ones. So you can have a mixture of keyprox/non keyprox ones on the same line.

Have you set the address on the keypad itself (the rotary switch on the back)?

Wiring the Keypad/KeyProx
A 16-way rotary address switch is used to address Galaxy LCD keypads. The address switch assigns a hexadecimal address value to the keypad.

NOTE: Any change to the keypad address must be made when the power is disconnected from the keypad.

Addressing
Addresses are set by means of a rotary switch on the PCB. Each keypad must be assigned a unique address for its line. It is possible to add additional keypads at any unused comms module addresses (B, C, D and E) as detailed in the following NOTE. These must be standard keypads. An engineer keypad can also be used at address F.

NOTE: On Line 1, keypad addresses B, C, D and E are not available if the Ethernet, ISDN, RS232 or Telecom modules respectively are fitted.

Adding a Keypad/KeyProx to the System

When adding a keypad to an existing system, the following points must be considered:

1. Ensure that the keypad to be added has a unique address from the other keypads on the system.

2. Ensure that the keypad has a valid address.

3. Connect the keypad to the system - refer to the Keypad Installation Procedure.

Note: A new keypad can only be configured into an existing Galaxy system from engineer mode.

4. Access engineer mode.

5. Connect the RS485 (AB) line of the keypad in parallel with the RS485 (AB) line of the existing keypads.

6. Connect + and – terminals of the keypad to a power supply.

7. Exit engineer mode - engineer code + esc:

8. The Mk7 keypad displays the message 1 MOD. ADDED — esc=CONTINUE. Press the esc key; the keypad returns to the unset banner.

NOTE: If this message is not displayed, the keypad is not communicating with the control panel and has not been configured into the system. In this case all connections and addresses should be rechecked.

NOTE: If adding a keyProx to the system, the message 2 MOD ADDED will be displayed to indicate that both a keypad and MAX have been added to the system.

9. The keypad is now configured into the system.

Many thanks for reply. The installer to be fair to him seems to have tried all that.
The garage keypad is on a RIO - would that make any difference do you think?

I wondered if the 8 with 3 was correct as the Keyprox one presumably uses 2 addresses each time. i.e. of only 8 addresses available. That would suggest you could have x4 keyprox though.

The keyprox MAX addresses are not the same as the keypad addresses. There are only 3 MAX addresses on the GD48 for keyprox (combined keypad and max). As above, on the Dimension 48, you can consume addresses B to F for additonal regular keypads. This depends if you have peripheral devices fitted, as peripheral devices have multiple devices, emulating keypads internally.

The address mapping (rotary dial first) is:
0 (Address 10) (MAX address 10)
1 (Address 11) (MAX address 11)
2 (Address 12) (MAX address 12)
B (Address 15) (used by Ethernet module if fitted)
C (Address 16) (used by ISDN module if fitted)
D (Address 17) (used by External RS232 module if fitted)
E (Address 18) (used by External Telecoms module if fitted)
F (Address 19) (engineer keypad)

There should be no reason that the garage keypad should be any different. If it's powered by the Power RIO, then only the 0V will be common power wise with the main panel.

The MK8 is the same technology as the MK7 - only a facelift.

As above, always remember to power down the keypad if changing the address, then 'esc' exit from engineering mode to re-enumerate the RS485 slave devices. The black connectors on the keypads actually pull off, making it easier to power cycle the keypad when changing address ( you do need to have another addressed keypad to escape out of engineering mode though :) ).

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much for this. I wonder if we have them on the "wrong" addresses - will get a look at the weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back