Honeywell Galaxy Dimension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear team, help needed. I have an alarm display on keypad +fuse bell RIO100. I checked the bell fuse which is Aux 3 and is not blown, it meters around 13.56V on open circuit, which seems correct as I connect this power supply to AG8 bell box, it drops to 6.56v. I thought this 6.56v could be bell box battery voltage and main panel is not supplying any power. however, i woud imagine, bell box input supply ckt would be with blocking diodes i.e. not to supply in reverse direction. why the open circuit voltage of 13.5 volts drop to almost half?.
To confirm bell box is not faulty, I connected battery mains to bell +, - supply, and bell box works fine i.e alternate leds flash.

please note this is DIY, appreceiate experts input as how to get rid of +fuse bell fault.

Sponsored Links
check voltage at panel with bell box connected, it should be 13.4 volts ish
it should not be 6 volts!!!!

remove the bell box hold off (12v)

ensure tamper circuit is defeated nad return the panel to day mode, (engineer code + esc)

then repost with you results, or call me and i will talk you through it.

Oasis

Thanks Oasisi for quick reply.
I defeated tamper loop, put system back in day mode. The meters reads no volatge (i.e. very low 1.5v) between +12V, -V when connected at bell box. However, an interesting reading when I lift -v wire at bell box, the 13.54volts returns i.e. measures 13.54 between +v terminal and -s(bell) and -st(strobe), which it should be, but without -ve return loop to panel, how bell box is going to be charged i.e -v floating at bell box.

Bellbox shows led 2 on, which means no power supply to bellbox becuase there is no -v term.

I did not understand +12V hold off supply removal, there are +12v, -v, -S, -ST, -T terminals at bell box.

At main panel there +12V aux, and GND terminal that I have connected. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
sounds like your external siren is kaput!!!!

get a new one,

or you can do the following;

connect the wires back into the panel, go up the ladder, remove the cover from your siren, remove the wires, SLOWLY so you don't short the pos and neg,
check to see if you have 12 to 13 volts on the cable at the bell box, ignore the led`s, just check for 12 volt.

if you have 12 to 13 volts up there, your siren is knackered, get a new one

another thing, discconect the siren battery, see if that helps, (with connections in place) this could be the fault, (dragging down the 12 volts from your panel,

but to be perfectly honest we would just change the siren for a new one!! but thats us!!!

try the above and see what happens.

post back with you results.

Oasis

Thanks, the siren is on my desk. I have removed this from wall, I am doing all these readings since yesterday. With the wires connected at panel, I get ~13volts at cable end but as I connect at bell box it goes down, sinks to half (measured between +12V &0V). Really not sure if bell box is busted. But, with 12V direct from battery mains, bell box works.

I am being tricked of floating + or -v, or in main panel I have blocked the supply to bell which is hard to believe. Aux3 is an idependent supply.

ferrell

aux 3 should be ok, we obviously take our supply to sab from the 100 rio end as there is a specific 12v for the sab wiring.

have you disconnected the SAB battery?

if you have what do you get on the 12 v pos/neg at the siren?

if it 12 13v change the battery (sab battery) if it still goes low, change the siren unit, usr the old one a s a dummy box!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back