Honeywell Galaxy RF FOB DELETED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys registered an account to see if anyone here can figure out my issue.
Have a Honeywell Galaxy G2 panel with an RF portal. the is a RF fob for setting/unsettling. all great.

Except recently. Sometimes when you unset the alarm with the fob it does not work and instead you get an event log entry of RF FOB DELETED and the alarm is still set. Of course this has caused some false alarms because the keypad is in an awkward location due to a terrible house design.
I cant figure this one out. the dont seem to be any info on this illusive event online which leads me to believe something is just not right here. Is it even possible to unlearn a remote with just the remote on its own??

Have tried a 2nd RF portal just because the RF fob was not the only RF issues

Have also had a lot of issues with wireless sensors. only a few PIR's work properly. Most seem to just not trigger the alarm (but tamper works fine as does the detection LED so very confused by all this) door sensors work fine. Everything is telling me that I should just give up on this. Love Honeywell galaxy panels and can program them with my eyes shut but this is the first RF experience with one

Signal quality on the RF sensors (even broken ones) is fine and the fob also works fine until it magicly unlearns itself every other week

Sponsored Links
I would wait until galaxy guy reads this , probably your wireless sensor issue is your not giving them time to wake up , a common issue with older single way devices ….

@sparkymarka I await his knowledge of Honeywell :) some of his posts have helped me out big time in the past.

Well some sensors work fine and some dont. all the same model and its repeatable. even when in the initial walk test mode which they should start up into after the warm up period. Have got some more sensors to test with but the RF fob issue is more important than the sensors in bedrooms right now.

I am willing to bet most of the issues are the G2 being older and not well designed for RF stuff. Should probably change it for a Flex or a different brand entirely but figured its worth trying to make it work as had no issues with fully wired G2 panels

This is a new one on me. What's the firmware version of the portal/s and the fob type? When you go back to the user account, has the fob serial number been removed ?

Sponsored Links
@GalaxyGuy I dont have the RF portal firmware versions to hand but I know its a C079-2 not a regular C079. I put that in place of the C079 that was there because of the weird sensor issues I was having but I am chalking that down to duff sensors as the spare RF portal had same issues

I do have RSS access to the site but being a G2 panel I dont have keypad access to check that. I can probably get the exact versions tomorrow. I know the panel is on 1.55. Remote is a TCC8M 3 buttons and the small light bulb button

Serial number vanishes entirely. I can overwrite the site from RSS to fix it. But have also guided the user on adding the fob back to it manually.

Personally think its time to just call it a day and put a flex in its place but have my concerns about Honeywell RF after all this and the G2 works fine otherwise so gonna try my best here

@GalaxyGuy Sorry for the late reply. Had to actually find the time to go there and look at the RF portal
Its an older C079-2 with 1.08 firmware I believe? date code is 2007 so its actually older than the panel ouch.

Previously had a C079 with 2.10 which I switched out with that old spare one because we also had issues with some PIR's not triggering.
But just tested that RF portal with a Galaxy Flex panel and it still works fine. and the sensors I had lined up for the bin work fine on the flex???

Unless you know something else I am chalking this down to the G2 running 1.55. Given the weird PIR stuff and constant RF fob being deleted I dont think it has good RF code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back