Honeywell gas valve

H

holmslaw

Hi, I ordered a honeywell boiler gas valve V4600C1029 and what I've been sent is a V4600C1029U. Can anyone tell if that U suffix is important.

I've tried ringing the supplier but their not answering the phone.

PS I've arranged for a gassafe engineer to fit it, don't want to waste his time and my money.

Sponsored Links
Question is why is this Gassafe engineer fitting a valve that you have purchased. Either he is short of work or he is just claiming to be a rgi.

I hope this engineer is not just going to fit the valve but is also going to SET it for operational parameters.

If you are planning to fit this valve, be advised it will have to be set to give you correct burner pressure.

Most gas valves like that do have a suffix after the type number. They usually relate to some internal charactistics of the device.

The real question is what does the existing valve have on it?

We would also wonder why the engineer is not ordering the valve for you?

Tony

Question is why is this Gassafe engineer fitting a valve that you have purchased.

Perhaps its because its the same as the one he would have purchased, he did'nt care who supplied it - perhaps he's not a prissy tart.

Either he is short of work or he is just claiming to be a rgi.

Perhaps you're the one who is short of work, maybe something to do with your attitude, and he is registered with gassafe.

I hope this engineer is not just going to fit the valve but is also going to SET it for operational parameters.

What do you think - he is registered?

If you are planning to fit this valve.

I've already said I'm not fitting it.

be advised it will have to be set to give you correct burner pressure.

Yes, I know, and it can be done by anyone with half a brain.

Funny thing is I now know the correct answer to my question and your still as dumb as you were before this post. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Most gas valves like that do have a suffix after the type number. They usually relate to some internal charactistics of the device.

Do they really, I wonder why I aked the question?

The real question is what does the existing valve have on it?

I've no idea, I got the info from the boiler instructions, are they usually incorrect?

We would also wonder why the engineer is not ordering the valve for you?

See answer above, glad your none the wiser re the suffix, but I am.

You dont seem to be being very polite to Danny who replied to you above.

The whole question is what gas valve is currently fitted.

The maunfacturer's lists of parts only give the generality of the part identification.

Since the Gas Safety regulations require that we only fit manufacturer's approved parts that means we use spare parts supplied by the manufacturer which are therefore going to be the corect part. Fitting generic parts which may have slightly different characteristics is against the gas laws and could potentially cause incorrect operation.

Tony

You dont seem to be being very polite to Danny who replied to you above.

Yea I treat people as they treat me, he was implolite to me by inferring I was lying.

The whole question is what gas valve is currently fitted.

But it could be the wrong one, how would you know?

The maunfacturer's lists of parts only give the generality of the part identification.

Yea, the part No I quoted is very general. :LOL:

Since the Gas Safety regulations require that we only fit manufacturer's approved parts that means we use spare parts supplied by the manufacturer which are therefore going to be the corect part.

I have the correct part.

Fitting generic parts which may have slightly different characteristics is against the gas laws and could potentially cause incorrect operation.

There is nothing generic about the part No.

Can any of you experts tell me the best mix for soapy water gas leak detection.

Grow up holmslaw.

The type of questions you ask are ones that a novice DIYer would ask.

Not surprised, now you want to know the mix to check for gas leak. Why, did your gassafe engineer not like you attitude either?

make sur you use fairy apple blossom as it disguises the smell of the gas leak :D

I find my persistant farting has the same effect, thats why I usually take a lighted candle with me when working in the loft, it gets rid of all kinds of
unpleasant smells.

You guys are all very unreasonable. The op wants to know what the best soapmix is so he can have it ready when the RGI shows up to do the job. If only my customers were so considerate to have the required parts plus a good soapmix ready for me so I don't waste my time.
Mixing the right soapsolution and testing it can by quite timeconsuming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back