Replacing Myson 3 port valve with Honeywell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Faulty actuator on the Myson valve again, seems to happen every 3 years or so.

This time I plan to get rid of the valve and all, can anyone confirm whether the valve is a straight swap to a Honeywell valve with no pipe modifications?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can’t say for definite but some are a slightly different thread on the valves. But only a matter of cutting of the old olives.

Pipework should be the same, as said the nuts may be different, if so hacksaw through the olives and replace with new nuts and olives from new valve. I'd double check wiring is correct before disconnecting.

Yep agreed but before you cut the olives off try dragging them of with grips as usually 22mm is no problem to get olives off.
Google how to remove an olive from pipework. Don’t want you getting from a tree lol

Sponsored Links
Hi

Faulty actuator on the Myson valve again, seems to happen every 3 years or so.

This time I plan to get rid of the valve and all, can anyone confirm whether the valve is a straight swap to a Honeywell valve with no pipe modifications?

Thanks!
Hi

I am having to do the same (22mm pipework) , did you have any problems?

Thanks

Aimee

Hi

I am having to do the same (22mm pipework) , did you have any problems?

Thanks

Aimee

Straight swap and I was able to leave the olives on the pipework. The Honeywell actuator has an additional earth in the cable, that's the only (easy) extra to do in the junction box.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, you are a star.
Mine lasted six years, then the demand to the CH stopped working.
Only one bit left to replace on the entire system (apart from pipes and radiators)

Aimee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back