Honeywell gas valve

I've tried ringing the supplier but their not answering the phone.

Can't think why....maybe one conversation with you was enough. And i find all bona fide parts suppliers always answer their phone.........

Sponsored Links
Homeslaw, I hope that you are just joking or winding people up when you ask about a mix of washing up liquid for detecting gas.

Your gas engineer, if he existed, would have known exactly how to test for gas leaks.

Soapy water is NOT a method for testing for gas leaks.

For the record, Danny ( DP ) has always been very polite and gentlemanly on all the occasions that I have met him!

Tony

Soapy water is NOT a method for testing for gas leaks.

Yes it is, ask a gas fitter.

For the record, Danny ( DP ) has always been very polite and gentlemanly on all the occasions that I have met him!

Ah thats nice, he was rude to me for no reason, so he is obviously not a gentleman.

Re the soapy water, I only have cheap washing up liquid, will that be ok? Because someone earlier talked about using expensive stuff that would hide the smell of gas.

Although soapy water will show up leaks better than the purpoe made stuff it is not recommended,,, purely because if left without wiping off it can be corrosive , Funny how leaving a meter door off a box for years is not regarded the same.

Holmslaw have a look on honeywell site you should find something there regards lettering

Sponsored Links
Thanks namsag, I did confirm the meaning ot the "u" suffix.

Re the soapy water, I only have cheap washing up liquid, will that be ok? ...
Problem with the cheap stuff is that it is unreliable. Unfortunately I chucked the bottle after I made my last batch and I can't remember the brand name, but it is easy to recognise. Round bottle, 0.7 litre, half blue half lilac in a wavy pattern. You will also recognise the price, £3.79 :eek:
But it will not miss small leaks like the cheap stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back