Honeywell heating thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have just bought a Honeywell thermostat model no - T6360/4360 to replace my old Honeywell thermostat.

The existing wiring is three wires - live, neutral and earth. However, the new thermostat comes with wiring instructions for four wires. Live, 2 x neutral and earth.

I have tried wiring the exisiting three wires to the same numbers as existed on the original thermostat. Unfortunately, the boiler 5 amp switch fuse blew.

Has anyone any idea what terminals should be connected to what wire.

A wiring diagram is linked : http://www.honeywell.com.pl/pdf/automatyka_domow/termostaty/T6360.pdf

Trouble is - which one do I use.

Many Thanks

Seamusr

Sponsored Links
I do not think your old cable is live & neutral, it is probably live in & switched live out, which according to the wiring diag should be connected to terminals 1 & 3. You need to establish( with a multi-meter that the cable is how I suspect)

The switching connections for a simple system are 1 and 3. Your existing wiring as jj4091 says will be live in and switched out. Live goes to 1, switched out goes to 3. Your wiring will probably be red for live and black for switched out - check either with a meter between red and earth or with a neon screwdriver on the red wire. There should be a 'don't care' tieoff point for the earth wire - don't connect it anywhere else. Unless you've done something strange with the earth wire you shouldn't be able to blow the fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back