Honeywell R3H710 to Drayton Wiswr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First post. Looking for some guidance on the subject.

Got a Honeywell R3H710 and would like to move to Drayton Wiser. Single channel. Combo (Ideal Eco 2).

Any guidance on moving the wiring over would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2255.jpeg
    IMG_2255.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Boiler make and model and how is it wired?

Honeywell looks like 'volt free' contact switching on A and B to the boiler heat call input, not looped mains.

Wiser is mains switched to boiler call for heat so may not be suitable? {Or boiler wiring may need altering to suit?}

The single channel Wiser can be volt free switching, just leave the link out.
Doh! Of course it can! (looking at the install leaflet again).

Then OP just needs all earths to the earth terminal, all Lives (brown) into the Wiser L terminal, all neutrals (blue) into N and move A and B into COM (1) and ON (3) respectively.

Simples. (Mains off first of course).

Boiler make/model may still be relevant if it is Opentherm compatible.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much.

Ideal Esprit Eco 2. I believe it is OpenTherm compatible but not sure what that actually means!

Thank you so much.

Ideal Esprit Eco 2. I believe it is OpenTherm compatible but not sure what that actually means!
The single channel Wiser supports Opentherm. OT is load compensation which means the thermostat can control the flow temperature of the boiler.

Thank you so much.

I can't find anything on Ideal's website to suggest your Boiler Model it has the needed OpenTherm electrical connections, nor in the online manuals I can see.

Only their current Logic and Vogue ranges are https://idealheating.com/support/faqs/boiler-controls/what-controls-are-compatible-with-my-boiler

https://idealheating.com/blog/the-benefits-of-opentherm-connectivity explains a bit about what it does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back