Honeywell R6660D to Hive Receiver - not firing up boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just decommissioned my old Honeywell system with a R6660D receiver that was connected up to the boiler (working perfectly). Wired it my new Hive receiver, hooked it all up to the thermostat and hub but it's not firing up the central heating on the boiler.

The green light is coming on on the Hive receiver to say that the heating is on, but its not firing up the boiler.

On the old Honeywell receiver I had the wiring as follows:
N - Neutral blue wire
L - live brown wire
A - empty
B - live brown wire
C - nuetral blue wire
D - empty
E - empty

I've mapped these over to the Hive as follows:
N - Neutral blue wire
L - live brown wire
1 - live brown wire
2 - empty
3 - nuetral blue wire
4 - empty

Any ideas why it's not operating the boiler central heating

Sponsored Links
I think you have made a mistake with where the wires were originally connected. For the Honeywell R6660D to work there would need to have been a wire connected to 'A' as that is the input to the switch.

Capture.JPG

But you say:
A - empty

If 'A' was empty the Honeywell R6660D would not have worked. The terminals that should have been used are 'A' and 'B' not 'B' and 'C' as you say.

Terminal C would not have been used on the R6660D receiver, nor would it have been a neutral( should of been sleeved).
Terminal A would have been used in order to switch voltage through B.

Cheers folks. I took a photo before I removed the old r6660d. Definitely nothing in A & been working for last 8 years

Attachments

• 20180313_152857.jpg
    20180313_152857.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 650
Sponsored Links
What you're all thinking is A on the R6660d is actually a blank.

I didn't think that. Otherwise the end terminal would be 'F' :)

Capture.JPG

Still back to why it's not working, you do have the single channel version of the Hive, don't you.

Last edited:
So for the technically inept (me) the brown goes to 1 and the blue goes to 2?

Yep, single channel hive

Sorry ferkh10, ignore that it was a typo :whistle: and unfortunately you spotted it before I deleted it. 'Common' [1] and 'Heating on' [3] are correct, can you confirm that you have the single channel version of the Hive. Ah, you have thanks.

OK, got this sorted now. Suspect the cover of the hive wasnt "seated" correctly on the backing plate - causing one of the pins not to connect properly (almost certainly pin 3).
Anyway, thanks for the help on this one all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back