Honeywell st699 (I think) , heating not turning off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, in need of a little help with our heating timer.

I think its the st699, (has once and twice time settings).

I set it up like this:-

Time = correct
1st Start = 5:00pm
1st End = 5:20pm
Heating = Once
Hot water = Const

Basically, at 5pm the heating kicks in, no issues there. The red light comes on aswell. Then at 5:20pm, it just keeps on going :LOL: ... I have to manually turn it off again.

I have not tried the hot water on a timer.

Has anybody else seen this? I assume its a timer fault as I can control it manually ok using the buttons. Just a bit annoying really!

I would imagine the unit has been in a long time, so it must of worked originally.

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
I left the 2nd on /off as default, think they are set at 12am/12am , the unit was switched off a while back and the time did not stay in memory, so I assume the battery is dead also.

I left the 2nd on /off as default, think they are set at 12am/12am , the unit was switched off a while back and the time did not stay in memory, so I assume the battery is dead also.
That's your problem.

The defaults are:

1 ON 06:30
1 OFF 08:30
2 ON 16:30
2 OFF 22:30

If you set the timer to Once, it ignores 1 OFF and 2 ON; i.e it runs from 06:30 to 22:30, or in your case from 17:00 to 22:30.

Have you tried pressing the reset button?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back