Honeywell system, heating will not go off on it's own.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New year guys,

Typically over Christmas, the heating started playing up. So was hoping for a little help locating the issue would be so welcomed as it's driving me crazy.

This will be a long post, but I'd rather try and tell you everything I have issues within the beginning :)

So my set up is:

• 3 storey townhouse, 2 zones
  • Separate Water tank
  • Boiler Vaillant ecoTEC plus 24 - Only a year old and no issues at all with it. Pump is only 2 years old.
  • In each zone i have one HR80UK Radiator controller (Which has worked perfectly fine the last year)
  • HC60NG relay module
  • CM67Z Room Controller unit.

FYI - Hot water is fine, it's controlled by a wall-mounted timmer in the kitchen,

So all of a sudden the heating will not switch off, the only way we can turn it off is at the main boiler switch.

if i press the button on the relay module, the zone valves activate to off position, boiler switches off, but then a few minutes later it all comes back on again.

Things i have tried:

re-synced the radiator thermostats and the room control with the relay module, they seem to be communicating.

Changed out the older Zone valve (other is 2 years old) (Drayton ZA5) for a new one, no difference.

is there anything i can systematically look at to try and solve this?

** all our 22 radiators had the HR80UK thermostats (2 of our neighbours have the same setups as Barratts messed up the zones), but they were so flakey we resorted to just 1 in each zone, which has worked perfectly fine for us the last year). the day before this started happening my neighbour said if i had any spare thermostats as 2 of his had packed in, so i said, yeah and gave him 2.

No idea if this would have any effect, but i had them back off him and the batteries removed, but still the same issues.

So i think i have everything covered. Again any help would be most welcomed :)

Sponsored Links
It could be that the boiler installer has left a link in for the heating.

Sorry for the late reply, well it turned out the valve on the zone valve was leaking and killed the switch on it, but as the 2 zone valves were wired together to bypass the zones (long story).

But I bit the bullet and had Hive installed which is working great now

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back