honeywell t40 + sonoff basic wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Could you please help me with the wiring of my current thermostat? I am planning to connect sonoff basic in parallel to my current t40 thermostat, so two devices could work independently from each other. I plan to not use t40 but just have it there, just in case. Sonoff basic has got two inputs and outputs - neutral and live, once sonoff is triggered ON it will pass current through it, which would then trigger the combi boiler ON.

Please see my current connection on the photos below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 7ApBn5I.jpg
    7ApBn5I.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 577
  • vfJB6pm.jpg
    vfJB6pm.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
Hi everyone. Could you please help me with the wiring of my current thermostat? I am planning to connect sonoff basic in parallel to my current t40 thermostat, so two devices could work independently from each other. I plan to not use t40 but just have it there, just in case. Sonoff basic has got two inputs and outputs - neutral and live, once sonoff is triggered ON it will pass current through it, which would then trigger the combi boiler ON.

Please see my current connection on the photos below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Bednim

I realise this was 3 years ago, but was interested to know if you went with this idea? I have 2 wires with the T40.

cheers.

Mark

Hi Bednim

I realise this was 3 years ago, but was interested to know if you went with this idea? I have 2 wires with the T40.

cheers.

Mark
No neutral at your stat (probably wasn't one at his either) so no workie with that device.
Silly idea anyway (if Ch is off on the controller no power to device so no way to override stat) esp nowadays - just change your controller for one of the many app-controllable devices

Sponsored Links
Only 2 wires,then I’d say live and switched. Easiest replacement is a battery operated thermostat, no Neutral is required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back