United Kingdom
I have gas central heating the main components of which are:

Baxi Bermuda PW3 Deluxe gas fire with baxi 401 back boiler
Grunfoss UPS 15-50 central heating pump
ACL lifestyle LP522 controller
Danfoss stuetermostat room thermostat
Honeywell L641A 1039 hot water thermostat
Tower MP3 22C diverter valve

My problem is that suddenly the Honeywell hot water thermostat has taken over control of the central heating pump from the room thermostat.
The latter is a bit ancient and has only two wires running from it instead of the more normal three but has always worked okay. Now, although it does still seem to me to be working, it will not switch the pump on unless the Honeywell thermostat is engaged. In practice, then, my central heating pump will only work while the water is heating up. Once it has - no central heating circulation. Oh, and I have managed to determine, by fiddling with the controls and monitoring the indicator, that the diverter valve motor is working. Is this something simple and obvious or do I need to call in the professionals? Would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
its worth getting hold of a multi meter and checking the where you're getting power on the valve. of that valvve...are you sure its not a mid position valve rather than a diverter?

dont take slight movement of the valve as signs that the syncron motor is well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back