Honeywell THR860S timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this timer; I turned the power to the CH system off while troubleshooting a stuck 3-position valve (motor going). When I turned it back on the timer was completely dead - blank screen, no backlight, buttons not doing anything, both relays in off position.

I took the cover off and found the backup CR2032 battery inside was dead so I replaced that, but it's still the same. I've checked the power to the timer and it's fine.

Any ideas? Do I need to reset the timer in some way after replacing the battery? Or is it new timer time?

Sponsored Links
Don’t they have x2 AA batteries inside? Have you checked them?

Mine's mains powered - no batteries (apart from the backup coin cell).

Mine's mains powered - no batteries (apart from the backup coin cell).

Apologies, when I googled that model, it came up with one with batteries. Have you checked for any loose wires? If not then I’m stumped, maybe the timer is goosed?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, wiring is all fine, so I'm going to get a replacement. Inside all looks good too: no obvious blown components. Just weird that it gave up at exactly the same time as the battery and the valve. Thanks for looking!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back