Honeywell Timer Problems

dpw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Honeywell Timer (Model st1000) which has stopped working in the sense that the mechanical timer has stopped moving. If I put the Heating or Hot Water on 24 hours they will operate fine, but I cannot programme it.

Can I just replace the timer, leaving the plate at the back in situ and if so, how do you remove it from the plate it sits on. There are 2 screws at the top that I have loostened, but it wont budge. Is there another honeywell timer (or other) that will fit, or do I have to remove the complete unit?

My wiring skills are not very good - hence wanting to leave the wiring as it is. :oops:

Dan

Sponsored Links
You have to use a bit of force and pull it down from the top. Power off first.
These I believe are made by Horstman. Not sure about the backplate being the latest design( probably not). Horstman programmers may be compatible, but a rewire to a new backplate is simple and instructions are with the new programmer.

Try undoing the screws completelyand removing them, This timer is still available or direct replacements using the same backplate are the, Hortsmann Tiara 425, or the, Channelplus H21XL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back