honeywell v4043 zone valve body - not closing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone sanity check for me as I am troubleshooting a zone that is coming on when it really should be off. It is NOT the head or anything electrical, the motor is moving freely and as and when expected etc.

the issue is, the valve body is be open regardless of the position of the spindle on the valve body (I have removed the head). It lets hot water through at both ends of the spindle range. I can feel output side of pipework get very hot, few mins later the zone gets warm. The spindle moves completely freely with a finger, and I can feel it moving something inside, and a definite stop position at each end of the range.

the zone valve head and body are both nearly brand new. The flow arrow on the body is facing in the right direction.

how much movement should there be on the body spindle, and which way should be closed? from what I can see of how the motor head moves it, anticlockwise = closed, but I can't find any detailed documentation on the valve body itself (honeywell v4043). on mine the range of movement is between about 7 o-clock (fully anticlockwise) , to about 10 o-clock (fully clockwise) so approx 90 degrees.

I've had the 15mm basic ballofix water isolating valves fail to actually close when in the closed position before, is this something that can happen with a high quality CH zone valve body?

Sponsored Links
Replace the whole valve head and all they are cheap enough. About 20-30 pounds for a non branded one.

if its a replace job I'll get the guy who fitted it back he can claim it on warranty from his merchants I expect. just checking I am not going insane, before dragging him back... i.e. at 7 o-clock fully anticlockwise it should defo be shut?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back