Replacement for Honeywell 2-port zone valve, code 9016

cja

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Honeywell 2-port zone valve that has stopped working. Have checked the electrical connections and all seems OK, but the motor / spring combo is not always closing the valve.

The head body is marked "Honeywell 9016". Can anyone help me with:
- a replacement Honeywell power head product ID
- whether I can replace this head without needing to drain down the system.

Thank you for any ideas.

Charles.

Sponsored Links
I don't recognise the code number you give as Honeywell. Is it very old? Honeywell valve heads that can be changed without draining the system down have a small bulge in the cover at one end.

Honeywell 2 port valves are normally V4043H. The actuator head can be obtained separately. The part is refered to as 3916-001 Does it look like the one here? Are you sure you have the right number?

These valves are closed by spring return only and it may be that the valve and its mechanism has become stiff.As suggested if the silver valve cover has a dimple then the head can be changed.Try a squirt of WD40,done with the power off and left to do its lubricating work may get the valve moving again.

Thanks for the comments. It is pretty old (10-20 years?) and has 9016 stamped on the motorised valve outside case.

Thanks for the wd40 suggestion will try that.

Sponsored Links
9016 is the date code; week 16 , 1990.
You need to look for the V4043 no.
If you remove the cover, undo the screw on the synchron motor flange, you may then find it will close . The motor sometimes makes these stick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back