Honeywell V4043H valve not fully closing ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have just had a new pressurized HW and CH system installed with 2 heating zones. It uses 2 Honeywell V4043H valves to control the flow of water for the upstairs and downstairs CH separately.

My problem is that when the upstairs heating control is switched off and the downstairs heating control is switched on there still seems to be some hot water "leaking" through the closed upstairs control valve and warming up the upstairs CH.

I can feel that the water pipe leading out of the upstairs valve is warm to touch, whereas the water pipe leading out of the downstairs valve is extremely hot to touch.

The pressure gauge on the water tank reads 15 psi (not sure if this has any relevance but doesn't seem to be excessively high)

Does this sound as expected, or should the closed valve stop ALL hot water getting through ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is the system clean.

Is there a by-pass before the valve

Sponsored Links
There are no individual by-passes before the valves but there is a main by-pass which joins the output and return pipes to the boiler. The tap on this is is fully closed though.

All of the valves are on the right way.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean when you ask whether the system is clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back