Can I use CM927 to open 2 Zone Valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently got a fully pumped system setup as a Danfoss Heatshare pack with 3 port valves. As I have just recently added heating in my conservatory I am needing to change it into Zone, and am proposing to use four Honeywell V4043H 2 port valves.

From reading other posts on this site I was planning to continue to use my existing FP715 programmer to control the DHW, but with the Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat controlling times/temp of the CH Zones.

Because of the existing pipe runs my planned design is to have 3 seperate Heating Zones. 1) Upstairs 2) Downstairs 3) Conservatory

Can I ask for some help please?
Is it possible to share the same CM927 to control 2 zones (upstairs & downstairs) with a second one just controlling the conservatory?
I had looked at a Horstmann Channel master H47 as an alternative option, but concluded it wasn't neccessary. Any views / comments?

Sponsored Links
927 will open any amount of zone valves you want but you will not have individual temp of each zone . Once it reaches temp in the zone its in it will close all the valves, so what you need is indidual progammable stats in each zone connected to each valve

927 will open any amount of zone valves you want but you will not have individual temp of each zone . Once it reaches temp in the zone its in it will close all the valves, so what you need is individual programmable stats in each zone connected to each valve
The problem with that is that the valve can be opening and closing frequently due to the way the CM927 turns the boiler on and off to maintain the correct room temperature. This means one stat could be trying to turn the boiler off at the same time as a second stat is trying to turn it on.

The way to overcome this is to configure one CM927 as a master/synchroniser and the other as slaves. The CM927 relay units just control the opening and closing of the zone. An additional relay box acts as the boiler controller.

The earlier CM67NG could do the same thing: see Multi Zone RF System

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my query. To clarify I was planning be able to control the temperature in the Conservatory with one thermometer / programmer and the house with a second one. So to onlyfitboilers comment .. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

I was hoping that it would be possible to share the CM927 across the 2 house zones as namsag said and would be happy to for it to close both valves when it reaches temperature. But I want the bolier to carry on heating the conservatory until it reaches its temperature controlled by its own CM927.

My question was do I have to fit 3 CM927 for three zones or can I do it with using 2? Or is there a better way altogether? I currently have the house working fine as a 3 port Y design but need to be able to add a new seperate zone for the conservatory to be seperate. From reading other comments I thought the only way to achieve that was to alter it to an S plan plus system.

Thankyou for D_Hailshams point about needing to set the CM927 as a master/synchroniser and I will take a look at the referenced document.

Silly to fit 4 motorised valves and then try to save on roomstat.

Bite the bullet and let FP715 control hot water and three remaining MV be under control of three CM927s

OR

Let FP715 control HW and one other zone. Then use the two CMs to take control of remaining two zones.

Incidently, it is the auxillaruy switch in the motorised valve (grey and orange) that fires the boiler (and pump as the case may be)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back