Heating control system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

After reading the advise of others in my previous thread I decided to rewire my controls using standard controls.

My current heating control system has a VRT360F and a Salus programmable stat, this control system is not compatible.

The proposed new control system is as follows:

Honeywell CM927 RF to control downstairs via 2 port valve, this is a replacement for the VRT360F.

Existing Salus control to be kept and used to control attic via 2 port valve.

AIUI these are standard controls and I will be able to have any of the zones on at any time and have both on at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Whoops!
I forget to ask if this setup will actually work.

Will this setup work (Running any one zone or both at the same time)?

As long as you take out the VR65 and wire everything as an S plan it should function ok.

This system does not have a VR65; it is a Vaillant ecoTEC+ 937, very pleased with the boiler BTW especially the DHW performance and low noise and not to mention the slick backlit display.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, must be getting confused with another thread :oops:

Yes this should work, just wire as a normal S plan with a wiring center. The orange valve wires will end up being connected to terminal 4 on the Vaillant pcb.

That's strange the valves on my system have black wires, I suppose you must be referring to another manufacturer. My valves are Honeywell. Do you reckon the electrician of the installer will know about the adjustment on PCB?

Are they really old Honeywells? All the Honeywell 2 port valves I have ever fitted or worked on have grey, brown, blue, orange and earth wires :confused:

I have just been to check and I can confirm that there is a single black wire from each valve. The valve head is silver and is made in Canada.

Are you talking about the black wire that is the diameter of a pencil?

I am talking about the wires inside of this black sleeve ;)

Yes that's right, a quick check inside the black sleeve reveals wires of all the colors you mentioned above :D

The person that advised me from the company I got to do the heating came today and checked everything, a roof tile that was damaged when installing the flue is going to be replaced, and all zoning problems are to be fixed. A Honeywell CM927 is going to be installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back