New boiler installed- A question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just had my Vaillant ecoTEC+ 937 installed.

Our heating system has two zones:
1.Downstairs- Controlled by Vaillant VRT360F
2.Attic room- Controlled by Salus RT500F

The reason for getting a VRT360F for downstairs was because the VRT360F can control the heating of the storage tank in the boiler; the storage tank is switched off at night.

The attic room heating is required when downstairs heating is not required, however the attic zone seems to be working only when the downstairs zone is on.

The 2 zones both have 2-port valves.

Does anyone know why the attic zone does not work when downstairs heating is off?

Sponsored Links
the installer has incorrectly wired the system most likely. You do have an excellent boiler though, practically bulletproof.

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking that the Vaillant control switches off the boiler and will not let the other controller switch on.
The electrician (Sub contract of installer) told us that when hot water is switched off the second zone will not work, he didn't say anything about heating.

Anyone shed some light?

Sponsored Links
I think what you have is incompatable.

I agree that the 360 is controlling the boiler, via ebus so is therefore the main control.

With the 360 you have to leave the link wire in between 3 & 4 whereas with the other you would usually remove it.

I think you need to go back to square one and rethink the entire control layout you have.

Thank you,

1.Would you think that replacing the Salus with a 360 would solve the problem?
2.Or shall I replace the 360 with a Salus?

If I did go for option 2 I would have to turn off the storage cylinder each night which would be inconvenient.
The 360 is a brilliant controller, easy to program too.

salus are cheap and nasty. stick with the 360, so much better. ;)

But can the Vaillant boiler have two zones each with a VRT360F and have the ability to run one zone at once or two at once?
I'm interested in a reply, will get back tomorrow if a reply gets posted.

Only way to do this with vaillant controls as I see it is to use a Vaillant 430 WC controller with a VR61 mixer module and 2 VR10s. This would be an excellent combination of controls, but....expensive and needs to be installed ideally by someone who understands the setup.

VRT360 can only treat heating as one zone.

The Salus solution can never work.

The parts mentioned above (Vaillant zoning system) were not available in the UK last time I looked. They are mentioned in multilingual user guides for VRC430 but as far as I know they aren't supported in the UK.

Unless anyone knows differently - I am normally up to date on these things as we install a lot of Vaillant.

Thanks for replies,
So what would be the best solution for my situation, Two VRT360's or two controllers from different manufactures?
I don't want to spend too much because the system cost a lot..... just over £4000.

The parts mentioned above (Vaillant zoning system) were not available in the UK last time I looked. They are mentioned in multilingual user guides for VRC430 but as far as I know they aren't supported in the UK.

Unless anyone knows differently - I am normally up to date on these things as we install a lot of Vaillant.

They will be available very soon, keep up to date ;) :LOL:

I await a reply which will be much appreciated.
:)

Soon the heating will be required all night in the attic and the problem needs sorting out pretty quickly.

Thanks

UPDATE-
I examined the 2 two port valves, it appears that the one which controls the attic is connected to the Salus transmitter, and the one which would control downstairs is not wired and left in a open position. The Vaillant transmitter is connected directly to the boiler.
Can the 360 transmitter be connected to the valve?
Please reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back