use Salus st620wbc integrated control to manage zone valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're replacing our old gravity system with a WB combi, and looking for an RF programmable thermostat to manage one of our two heating zones (I already wired one in for the other zone) and there's a Salus ST620WBC available locally for not much money.

Now I understand that the WBC receiver is designed as an integrated boiler control but I was wondering if it would be possible to link it up via a zone valve instead? The Salus website is no help because (as you'd expect) they just say "plug it into the WB control point"; however there's a suggestion on amazon that it "Can be used for 230V applications." but no more info than that.

This video suggests that the connector is actually just a junction point, can I just take the fire pin from the LR and route that to the zone valve? Or is the connector the Salus jumps into at a lower level than this, since it's designed to replace the actual control board?

Geoff

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back