Under floor heating - upgrade to controller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had a scout around for an existing thread which might cover this but can't find anything so apologies if one does exist.

In the process of planning my wet UFH. I want wet UFH to whole downstairs and rads on first floor.
I've currently got a Salus IT500 wireless controller and have read that I can buy an additional sensor (IT300) in order to have one sensor upstairs and one downstairs.

I've also read up on the UFH side of things such as manifold, zones for different rooms with actuators on manifold, the fact it runs at lower temps so needs a blending valve - all good stuff.
Where i'm confused is how I could maintain control of this system if i were to keep the existing salus + extra sensor.

The plan currently -
Split downstairs UFH into 3 zones. These are:
Living room (approx 4x4.5m) - which will eventually have wood burner and double internal doors opening onto
Kitchen diner (approx 7x7m)
Hallway (approx 3x2) which has open stairwell to upstairs

Have actuators to separate entire downstairs UFH circuit from upstairs circuit.

Looking at the Salus web page it says it can be configured to control 2 zones of central heating in conjunction with the extra sensor and actuators (See attachment). So could i have 1 actuator controlling the downstairs UFH circuit with the blending valve, manifold, etc after the actuator?
If i wanted zones within the downstairs UFH circuit would these need their own stats or could i just balance the system out when the entire ground floor calls for heat?
Or do i need to sack my Salus controller off all together and get a different system for this type of set up? Maybe a 4 zone system where 3 of the zones are UFH and the 4th zone is actually the upstairs rads? Ahhhggrrr too many choices!!!! help!
PS: I know i could just call a company to advise on this but i'm worried they'll instantly want to sell me their lovely new controller system rather than utilise what i already have.

Many thanks for any guidance as always

Attachments

• IT500 Config.PNG
    IT500 Config.PNG
    286.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back