Honeywell CM927 Thermostat replacement for Salus RT500RF.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am seeking some help prior to purchasing the Honeywell as a replacement to the Salus.

For information, we have a (?system) boiler in the kitchen extension and the thermostat is in the hallway. Originally it was (and has just gone back on) a simple Sunvic, with the timer in the kitchen.

Unfortunately, the kitchen diner is cooler than the hallway and managing the temperature was difficult. Cue the Salus. Bought the Salus, well 2 actually as I bought the 300 model by mistake. Both receiver units have now failed. Both connect and click to indicate the relay has engaged, even the green light glows but there is no switching of the boiler. If I turn the cylinder stat the boiler fires.

The second receiver has failed quite quickly and I imagine that both units have been in use for less than 2 years.

Reading reviews on Salus, posters seem to have mixed views. If I receive a replacement, will it be another 9 months before it fails?

So, now to the Honeywell, seemingly well respected. I would like to clarify the suitability of these wireless devices before I spend more money.

Would somebody please confirm that these devices are suitable to replace a 230V thermostat (Sunvic) and that doing so, whilst functions initially, is a correct component. A friend at work says that the back EMF from the motorized valve causes the relays to arc and burn out.

The Salus receiver was permanently "on", as I left the timer on. The live feed was from the thermostat and switched the switched live output.

From what I make out, the Honeywell should be the same, but I would like to check whether my boiler control set up is compatible and that it will be a more reliable version.

Sorry if the above is long winded, but I hope all the facts are covered.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the Heating Motorised valve? are you sure the actuator has 230Vac to the motor? is the motor motoring to open AND is 230Vac leaving the actuator via the Orange lead? this should all be checked with the Hot water in the OFF position.

If your more involved investigation still points to the Salus then yes the Honeywell 927 would be an ideal replacement (Honeywell are far superior to the SalusC***P) ;)

Thanks Boilerman.

The receiver had began to not switch intermittently, until it would not switch at all yesterday. The relay clicked and the LED illuminated but no joy.

I tried a bulb wired into the load to test, but that didn't work either.

The Sunvic is back on the wall and it functions correctly, however temperature control is not as good as when using the Salus and I liked the constant minimum temp monitoring, to protect the cooler extension temp from dropping too low.

The reason for posting was to confirm that I can install the Honeywell (as the Salus was) as a replacement for a standard 230V Themostat, where it is live due to the boiler control being permanently on (there is no secondary live feed, the unit is powered via the stat).

I do not wish to spend £100 on a Honeywell for this to fail due to incorrect fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back