Honeywell CM927 question

cja

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my current room thermostat (an ACL Model TS142) with an RF unit, and the Honeywell CM927 seems to get a few positive comments on this forum.

I have a query about the electrical wiring for this unit. Does the RF unit need a permanent mains supply, or can I wire it into the Common and Neutral wires from my old unit? As I understand, the Common wire is switched from the CH timer so is not always live.

I have looked at the Honeywell manual for the product and the wiring for using the CM927 as a zone valve controller (image below) and it looks like it needs a permament supply. Is this right, or can I put it on the Common / Neutral supply?
cm927.JPG

If this unit won't work, can anyone recommend an RF unit that will work?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I suggest you read through the Honeywell Application Guides. One of them should answer your question and save me the time of asking you a lot of questions ;)

The simple answer to your question is that the CM927 is fed from after the main switch which turns the whole system off. So it is only permanent while the switch is on (if that makes sense) :!:

Don't forget that, unless you have a combi boiler, you will need to retain your old time switch for the HW side.

It's all explained in the Application Guides.

That's a very helpful link - thank you!

Sponsored Links
You will need four wires, permanent live and neutral, plus your switch cables to the valve.

You can use three if you do not have a programmer. Dropping the live cable (ie: making it switched) will lose the radio connection. Effectively you will be rebooting the link, which will cause problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back