Honeywell viper wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have three honeywell vipers - two are just vibration, third is with door contact.

All three will be wired to their own zones - so i dont care too much re first to alarm,
and two of the three will be hidden behind a panel, so dont really need the led either.

I'm using a galaxy dimensions 96 panel, using 2 resistors for wiring - one across, one in line. No problems with that.

The questions i have are:
1) no difference between the viper with the contact and one without for wiring. So would the panel see the door open as normally open zone? if so what does it see the vibration part - tamper?

2) am i right in using just the tamper pair, alarm pair, 12+ and 0v connections, leaving the other two off? marked as FTA and reset. or do i need the reset wired up to an output on the panel? (i think it is to reset the led not the sensor but not sure?).

Sponsored Links
to simplify there is one tamper circuit and on alarm circuit on this device.

this means that the door contact and vibration/shock part are not separate, so will give an alarm condition if either are activated and is nothing to do with the tamper.

Texecom do an impaq plus hardwired unit where the reed terminals are separate from the alarm (vibration) and a set of tamper terminals so in that case the door contact and the shock could be separated if desired.

to simplify there is one tamper circuit and on alarm circuit on this device.

this means that the door contact and vibration/shock part are not separate, so will give an alarm condition if either are activated and is nothing to do with the tamper.

Texecom do an impaq plus hardwired unit where the reed terminals are separate from the alarm (vibration) and a set of tamper terminals so in that case the door contact and the shock could be separated if desired.

Interesting, so i can set the two without contacts as 24 hour monitored, but the one with a door contact has to be armed/disarmed as part of the door zone? As such, if the zone is disarmed, someone could set it off and the alarm wont activate?

Sponsored Links
I don't use this particular unit.

okay lets not jump here, how you have the units programmed is up to you and should be appropriate for what you want them to do.

Unless you can isolate the door contact from the shock part of the sensor, wherever that unit is placed will activate on either door open of shock activated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back