Honeywell Viper / Motion Sensor Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Thanks for a great forum, I used it to successfully finish my structured cabling in the house. Now onto the alarm.

I Have a few windows at the back of my property that I want to fit vibration sensors to. I had in mind the Honeywell Viper. Trouble is I only have a four core cable going to the windows.

So is there any way to wire them up say without a tamper or led??

Unfortunately I recently papered round the cable so I need to do something even if I just fit them as dummies with the LED lit when armed.

As the rest of the alarm system has 8 core cable, not sure how this came to be. Alarm panel is Menvier.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
wire them end of line you only need 4 cores i assume each one goes back to the panel ? what menvier panel is it and how many spare zones do you have left ?

As long as a 4 core goes to each you should be fine.
With LED on alarm.
Wired EOL.
As above how many spare zones are there?

Otherwise if there is ONE 4 core to all then you will have to put them all onto one zone. Not the best method as you will not be able to use First to Alarm.
But it should still give a LED indication on activation.

Which ones are they? GL/GLX ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back