replacing old viper with new

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a scantronic9448 with viper shockers fitted to windows using four core original wiring.
I have to replace a broken shocker, I have wired the new component with :- negative to 2 positive to 3 with yellow and blue to ports 6 & 7.
alarm arms and is activated when rapped at window but the neon continues to flash even after reset code is entered.
any views on how I can resolve?
regards

Sponsored Links
Normally the negative would be wired to o/p with it programmed to shock reset , so when you arm the panel it pulses the voltage resetting the shock led ...this all depending on how it's wired ( how many shocks on that zone )and what viper you have fitted

There are 2 shocks on this zone. One covers a window and the second covers a window plus door entry.
the shocker being fitted is a honey well viper GL, this has seven connectors:-
1= Set
2= 0v
3= +12v
4 & 5 = Tamper
6 & 7 = Alarm
I have negative wired to connector No2

Sponsored Links
I would guess the old one had the led link cut ...only problem with this ,is you have two shocks on one zone , if you have an alarm condition ....which one caused it ! ....that's why you normally connect the 0v to detector reset on the panel , the light stays on the viper untill you reset it ...

Having examined this system further I now note that there is only ONE shocker on the zone I want to replace viper(old for new) I. E. On a window.
does this affect any answer?
for clarification the new viper has facility for seven connections:-
New Viper potential connections are shown as:- Current 4 core colour connections I have chosen (??right /wrong)
No1 =Set empty
No 2 = 0v black
No 3= +12v red
No 4 = Tamper empty
No 5 = Tamper empty
No 6 = Alarm yellow
No 7 = Alarm blue

The options I have chosen ,on the right,have resulted in the neon continuing to flash after alarm activation and key pad code re-entry.

No....cut the led link if you don't want it to flash or wire via a detector reset output in the panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back