honeywell wireless roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads
I'm installing a worcester 28i greenstar jnr next week, and the customer wants one of these fitting. I've never fitted one before and would like to pick the brains of you lot out there who have, is it easy enough to wire the reciever into the boiler (replace link etc) what's best to use cm61 or cm67. Any helpful advice greatfully recieved. thanks ray

Sponsored Links
sooey said:
Hi lads
I'm installing a worcester 28i greenstar jnr next week, and the customer wants one of these fitting. I've never fitted one before
Nor had I until earlier this month, and it turned to be a doddle.

is it easy enough to wire the reciever into the boiler (replace link etc)
Yes. I called Worcester-Bosch anyway, just to check, and they confirmed what I thought, which was to remove the link that makes the switched live permanently live, and then provide the switched live from the thermostat output. The live & neutral from the boiler can be used to power the wireless stat.

what's best to use cm61 or cm67.
CM61 if you don't want a 7-day timer, and CM67 if you do.

Any helpful advice greatfully recieved. thanks ray
I used a Honeywell wiring centre because I had to combine a conventional wet system with a new underfloor system. It all worked out and looks like it's supposed to be there (i.e. designed). ;)

Which part of the installation do you believe is notifiable, oilman?

Sponsored Links
I don't KNOW that it is, but if there was no RF stat and you're adding one, you need to add a piece of cable from the junction box to the receiver, I suspect it might be that.

You're correct in that you do have to run cable (or flex), but this is just between components, doesn't involve an additional circuit, and therefore isn't notifiable.

I thought if cable carrying 240 v is installed then this is part p type work ?

Shouldnt the R1,R2 andRn resistance be checked within he cable ?

andsam said:
Do you mean cable is (notifiable) and flex isn't? If so, then which section of Part P states that? If not, then which section of Part P covers what you are thinking?

Shouldnt the R1,R2 andRn resistance be checked within he cable ?
Clearly the work has to be up to standard, and competently undertaken, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the work is notifiable. You're very confused, given that Part P has been fully defined for more than two years. :rolleyes:

Sorry im not confused. If I run cable/flex I would be required to produce a small works certificate. If I was to run cable/flex in a kitchen or bathroom then yes this is notifiable.

CM67 has been replaced by CM907. Very nice it is too. Whether or not you are Part P or you use flex.

Thanks for the replies lads, although I am now thinking of going with the worcester rf stat, just on the basis that it may be more compatible with one of their boilers.

andsam said:
Sorry im not confused. If I run cable/flex I would be required to produce a small works certificate.
If you're saying that the requirement to deliver a Minor Words Certificate is specified in the Building Regulations, then I'll have to take your word for it, although I'm curious to know which section of the BRs make that stipulation.

If I was to run cable/flex in a kitchen or bathroom then yes this is notifiable.
Our discussion started off with the suggestion that what I did was notifiable. It wasn't, since it wasn't in a special location, two examples of which you've named.

I said that you were confused because you seemed uncertain about the facts, viz:

andsam said:
If you were uncertain, then you don't have confidence in your understanding of the legislation. If you are certain, then I don't understand why you were asking a question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back