Honeywell CM67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I would appreciate your help with what Im hoping is something very simple. I recently moved house. The heating system is pretty epic compared to what Ive had in the past. There is a Worcester boiler, and 2 heating zones. A CM61 controls the underfloor heating which is still working fine.

My problem is with the CM67 which controls the radiators. A few days ago the radiators stopped coming on. I checked the CM67 which had a battery light flashing. I replaced the battery, but this didnt help.

A bit of research suggests that I may need to rebind the CM67. However there doesnt appear to be a receiver to bind it to. The Honeywell manuals appear to have been updated.

Any advice on what to try next would be much appreciated as Im not in a position to pay for someone to come in at the moment.

Cheers,
Joe

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan,

It doesnt say NG on it. It is wired in at the wall with a live and neutral wire - Im assuming they are just for power rather than to connect to the boiler?

No they connect to the zone valve in the cupboard. The unit is battery powered. Try changing the battery for decent AA's.

Don't use rechargeable batteries for more than testing purposes.

Those wires are not live and neutral. They are both potentially live.

Sponsored Links
I have put in decent batteries. I dont think that is the issue, as the CM67 looks to be working properly - telling the system when to switch on at the correct time etc - it just doesnt seem to be boiler. Ill see if I can locate the zone valve

so there are three Siemens zoning valves on different pipes. Im assuming on for hot water, one for rads and one for under floor heating.

How many zone valves do you have. I'll assume there's 2; a 3 port valve for the heating and hot water, and a 2 port valve for the UFH. Is the hot water still working. There is a small lever on the side of the 3 port valve, and if you move the lever, it should send water to the rads. If it does, then the CM67 is fine, and it's the zone valve, that's faulty, most likely the motor. If the hot water isn't working either, then it's likely to be the zone port it self at fault.

But check that the CM67 setting are okay, and it hasn't hiccuped.

There are 3 3-way valves. The house was previously owned by a builder who over engineered everything. There are about 20 pipes coming out of the boiler room!

I found the valve that seems to control the radiators. put into manual and hot water immediately flowed around the house, so it seems that is the faulty part here.

Is replacing a valve a DIY job or do I need to get a pro in?

Have a look on youtube, and then decide if you're up to it. As it works when you move the lever, the valves okay, so that's good. You can either change the head unit (easy - about £50) or the motor (not so - about £15)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back