Hoover 1300 special edition only works on Quick cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Hoover 1300 Special Edition SE230 and it only works on the Quick cycle now. If I try the Cotton, Delicates etc cycles it gets part way through but then with the drum full of water decides it's had enough and the dial just starts clicking clockwise through all the stages without anything happening. the only way I can recover is to turn off, set to the Quick cycle, turn on and wait 32 minutes ...

Thanks in advance!
Tim

Sponsored Links
see if u can put it in test mode
Hoover “Nextra” Washing Machines

Starting The Test Sequence

1. Press and hold button 1
2. Turn the program selector knob clockwise 2 steps
3. As soon as the LED on button 1 lights, release the button
4. All LEDs should light
5. After three seconds but within 5 seconds press button 1
6. After correctly set the two rows of LEDs, residual time/time delay and buttons should flash alternately

Auto-Test Sequence

• Fill to first level through pre-wash compartment, hot fill energised where present. If fitted the recirculation pump is also energised.

• One second pause

• Heater energised for approx 16 seconds and distribution cam on soap drawer moves the spray nozzle to main wash compartment.

• Cold valve, hot, where fitted and recirc pump, where fitted, energized. Main motor tumbles anti-clockwise at 55rpm for approx 13 seconds.

• Motor paused, filling continues

• Cold valve, hot, where fitted and recirc pump, where fitted, energized. Main motor tumbles anti-clockwise at 55rpm for approx 13 seconds. At this point, by pressing button “3” the drum speed can be reduced to 35rpm.

• Drain pump energised until pressure switch detect that the machine is empty

• Short spin, roughly 27 seconds at half the maximum rated speed

• End of test

I don't want to be discourteous but what will that achieve? Does it reset the PCB or something?

be able to tell what the fault code is then be able to work what part u need to fix machine

Sponsored Links
i have this washing machine but the numbers have rubbed off on the dial. can someone tell me where the numbers are meant to be? thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back