hoover 1300 special edition se230

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help please. I've had this machine for just over 5 years and had no problems till now. It started with the machine working fine from what ever long wash cycle i wished to use until it got to the drain cycle prior to refilling with fresh water to rinse. At this point it tripped the main circuit breaker in the fuse box of the house. It was suggested to me to try the quick wash cycle which i did and it went right through the cycle with no problems once. Now no matter what cycle i set it on as soon as i press the no button i hear the machine click as if to start but then the main circuit braker trips. I have checked the water feed valves, drum motor, waste pump and all electrical connections. Also the curcuit board and control switch internals and all appear to be fine. Although i have had this machine a while, i am the only one that uses it and so has only done about a quater of the use of a normal familly machine woul do over this period. The inside is spotless with no corrosion or wear anywhere and no scale build up of any kind. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have a good look at all the wiring with the back and lid removed and mains plug out. A chafed wire could cause this but it could also be a hole in the heater element. The way to eliminate items is, one at a time you disconnect the wiring from a component, switch on the machine and see if it trips. If it still trips you re-connect and try something else. You can do this with the heater, the motor, the water solenoid valves, the pump and any thermostats. Make sure any disconnected wires can't short out or touch metal parts. Also look at the mains filter where the mains cable enters the machine as they sometimes burn out.

Hi fidom. Thankyou for the reply. I shall try your suggestions and see what happens. I will let you know in due coarse what i find. Again many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back