Hoover 1600 washing machine panel ok but nothing happening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning when i turned the machine on it was showing spin cycle and 7 minutes to go. Tried turning it off but no change so just left it to finish but a minute later a few fuses went in the main circuit board. Sorted that then tried again and everything appeared ok. I put a load in and it took in the first load of water then nothing. The digital panel at the front appears to be going through the cycle as normal but nothing is actually happening. Does anyone know what the problem is and also would it be expensive to fix?

Latest update is i let it run to the end of the cycle just to see what would happen and it's draining and filling up but that's it.

Sponsored Links
Hi lmac73,

I assume everything else works, but the drum wont rotate/Spin? if so, it could be the carbon brushes in the motor. they are designed to wear out and once they get worn past a certain point, they no longer create the electrical circuit to spin the motor what is the model number usually located inside the door frame, its definitely a DIY job I replaced the brushes on my 8 year old beko wm10 and it runs like new

regards

Carl

Thanks Carl, i had seen other posts about the brushes but just wanted to check it wasnt something else as the fuses had blown in the main circuit board too.

Oh and in answer to your question no the drum isn't spinning. I'll have a look at it tonight and see if i can get into the brushes, meantime i'm off finish off the washing in the bath :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hi lmac73

its unlikely to be anything electrical if it fills and drains, I would be pretty confident in it being the carbon brushes either that or the belt has come off or snapped specifically what model is your washing machine?

Carl

Ok this sounds daft but I think it's a AAA 1600 Whisper Interact. The reason i don't know is that my brother gave me a few years back when he moved house and i never had a user manual. My partner managed to get into the carbon brushes using a video we found on Youtube and they do look really short, only a half inch long if that. The belt was fine.

Hi Carl,

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me. I ordered replacement brushes online today & cost £13 so hopefully that's problem solved. I've kept the link to the manual too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back