Hoover aaa140 bearing gone How do I remove them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really would like to replace the bearings in my hoover aaa140, I have had the back off and removed the spider but can't see how I can get the bearings out to replace. Please advise?

Sponsored Links
It's a while since i did one of these so I can't remember if the front of the cabinet comes off. If not you may find the whole outer drum needs to be removed from the top, the front plate removed and the inner drum taken out. The bearings can now be pressed or drifted out. Note that there is a concrete weight fixed to the bottom front of the drum with self tapping screws, this plus the motor, door seal and hoses will need to come off.

Part youve removed is probably the drive pulley,not the spider.As Fido suggested outer drum/tub lifts out of top which means timer/valves soap drawer to be moved.This is a big job for an experienced appliance engineer-very daunting for diy.Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back