Hoover Condenser Dryer HNC160 Drum not turning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem with the above dryer in the fact that the drum does not turn unless you keep the "On" button held in. Its a push to start button only. Have checked the bridge rectifier on the small pc board next to the timer, its ok and you can hear the relay click as you press the button, but as soon as you let go of the start button, the drum stops revolving.
Anyone that can point us in the right direction is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi.
Fixed one of these (HNC160) with the same fault only yesterday. Replaced the board as a unit and the relay now holds in. Hoover part number for the one I used was 91201247.

Great! Thanks for that info sparky. I have a bunch of those relays so I think I'll try changing it first.

Sponsored Links
I am experiencing the same thing on our dryer - was the problem solved by replacing the small controller board or was it the relay on the switch

Where do I go to get a replacement part? Out of warranty now anyway!

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back