hoover ecologic spins when full

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the washing machine has started spinning when trying to fill. Does it from the word go. Thought it was a blocked cold water pipe, as debris was found in pipe, problem came back.

Sponsored Links
it could be several things;

tacho (speed control on the back of the motor)

tacho magnet

motor control board

timer

does it spin as soon as it fills? or a couple of seconds after, most m/c will "tumble the clothes" during filling, if the tacho is at fault (sometimes loose) this will not tell the the motor control how fast it is moving so it will spin

breezer said:
it could be several things;

tacho (speed control on the back of the motor)

tacho magnet

motor control board

timer

does it spin as soon as it fills? or a couple of seconds after, most m/c will "tumble the clothes" during filling, if the tacho is at fault (sometimes loose) this will not tell the the motor control how fast it is moving so it will spin

Hi Breezer

Just to say thanks for posting the answer to a question I needed answering but had not even asked :LOL: Our old Hotpoint 800 De luxe 9526 started to spin as soon as it filled just this morning. I had a look for information on the web and found this site...good isn't it! You were spot on with your diagnosis of the problem...the magnet in the rear of the motor had broken into three parts. I have made quite a strong repair using super glue to fix the magnet and the machine is working right now...all thanks to you! I will try and get a replacement magnet tommorrow, for now the machine is OK with my super glued magnet.
Do you know if the magnet will be available as a spare?....bet I have to buy the whole tacho unit.

thanks again

Mike

P.S. I hope the original poster Parkhouse has the same luck with his machine

never bought one :cry: , when i was at hotpoint we changed the whole motor

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
never bought one :cry: , when i was at hotpoint we changed the whole motor

Hi again Breezer

Thats what I was worried about and why I have spent a while repairing the old magnet. I guess it will just have to stay repaired....unless I can talk the owner of my local repair shop, (I do know him quite well) to give me or do a deal on an old motor so that I can salvage a replacement magnet.

Thanks again for the "instant" help

Mike

make sure it comes from the same speed of motor, the latest have bigger magnets, if you know him that well ask for just the magnet

breezer said:
make sure it comes from the same speed of motor, the latest have bigger magnets, if you know him that well ask for just the magnet
Hi Breezer

I called at the repair shop today, no luck at the moment but he says he will be sure to find one for me in a day or two. So thanks again for the help.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back