Hoover hsc170 tumble dryer

Sponsored Links
Thankyou both. Not looking forward to trying to put it all together again. But it'll be good fun on a Sunday.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to drag up this thread.

Ive had this dryer for a few years. For the past 12 months its been squeeking and squeeling. I will take a look at it if i can fix the main problem.

The main problem is that when you press the start button you hear a buzz and then the dryer starts, after that, you can let go and the buzz goes away. Just like a starter motor. My problem is that the dryer starts with the usual buzz but when i let go it doesn't start. The drum rolls about and it heats up but only with the button pressed.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone think it could be this capacitor?

Best wishes

Jon

You would have been better off starting a new thread. But doing it now will probably get you a smack on the wrist from the moderators for duplicating posts :evil:
Do you have the same make/model as the OP?

Assuming its a hoover I would suspect the relay board at the top centre underneath the lid. Can be a bit awkward to get out as some are screwed in backwards.

The relay on them fails (we tend to replace the relay and the board is very often ok)

Assuming its a hoover I would suspect the relay board at the top centre underneath the lid. Can be a bit awkward to get out as some are screwed in backwards.

The relay on them fails (we tend to replace the relay and the board is very often ok)

Thanks for your reply.

I did a little more digging round last night and found some generic tumble dryer Q+A which suggested a .22 capacitor on the pcb. The replacement from Maplin was about £2 but i just ordered the whole thing from the below.

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/tumbl.../678052/209751/tumble-dryer-relay/pcb-(p.html

Im glad your theory ties in with this. I will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back