Hoover Performa 1100 - shake, rattle and roll!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, someone on the planet still has one! Admittedly, ours was a secondhand purchase made by the landlord and has managed to last, as a W/M at least, for several years inspite of many a tenant's attempt to push it beyond the realms of washability.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm new to this forum but already, after a quick search of related posts, I am delighted to find some possible solutions to a few of the problems the old tub has notched up over the years, eg. not working as a dryer and, more recently, not pumping out the water properly. Before I endeavour to do my back in while tugging it out from under the counter, there is a strange noise that it seems to enjoy making, though thankfully, not while spinning..... As the machine clicks through the rest of the cycle, it makes a sound that is like a cross between electrostatic crackling and that of ball bearings in a coffee grinder (I would imagine!). Is this anything to worry about? :eek: What does it mean? What is the machine trying to tell us and is it possible for me to put right myself (if so, how?), or should I save my spine and give up on it now?

Would really welcome some advice!

Meanwhile...
just returned to add this link to my post, for those searching for Hoover Appliance Manuals - they have an archive of PDFs on their website (Oh Joy!) http://service.hoover.co.uk/manuals/ :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back